MP Soap: Fall LuffaProject Level: Intermediate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 3 Leaves and 3 Pumpkins
Great fall soaps for the bath. Perfect size soaps with luffa for exfoliating.
This recipe is also available as a kit. CLICK HERE to buy now!
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 5, Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 5.
• 24 Ounce(s) Crafter's Choice Detergent Free Low Sweat Clear MP Soap
• 6 Piece(s) 7/8 Inch Luffa Slices
• .75 Ounce(s) Crafter's Choice Cozy Cabin Fragrance
• 10-15 Drop(s) Crafter's Choice Forest Green Liquid Color
• 10-15 Drop(s) Crafter's Choice Stained Glass Apple Red Liquid Color
• 10-15 Drop(s) Crafter's Choice Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color
• 1 Piece(s) Leaf & Pumpkin Combo Silicone Mold
• 12 Piece(s) Crystal Clear Cello Bags 3.5 x 2 x 7.5 Equipment
• Glass Measuring Cup - Large
• Plastic Beaker - 2
• Plastic Droppers - 2
• Plastic Spoons for Mixing
• Spray Bottle with Alcohol(for spritzing)Directions
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 1 oz of clear soap and place in plastic beaker. Heat in microwave until melted, approx. 10-15 seconds.
- Add Forest Green Liquid color until a dark green is achieved. Stir well.
- Using a plastic dropper, pipe melted soap into leaf veins. The more soap you are able to fill into the cavities, the better it will look.
- If soap starts to harden, melt in microwave for about 10 seconds.
- To keep dropper flowing freely, place dropper in warm water when not in use. Before using again, be sure to empty water from the dropper.
- Continue until all leaves are done.
- Weigh 1 oz of clear soap and place in plastic beaker. Heat in microwave until melted, approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Add a few drops of Lemon Yellow Color. Add 1 drop of Apple Red and stir well. Continue adding the yellow and red colors until a dark orange shade is achieved.
- Using a plastic dropper, pipe melted soap into 2-3 pumpkin sections of each cavity, The more soap you are able to fill into the cavities, the better it will look.
- As above, if soap starts to harden, melt in microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Continue until all pumpkins are done.
- Weigh 10 oz. clear soap. Cut soap up into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup. Place cup in microwave and heat until soap is melted.
- To melted soap, add Forest Green and Lemon Yellow colors until you get a light green leaf color. Mix well.
- Add 18 ml of Cozy Cabin fragrance oil. Mix well.
- Spritz inside of each leaf cavity generously with alcohol. This ensures the overpour will stick to the dark green veins.
- Place a luffa slice into each leaf cavity. Fill with green soap and spritz the top with alcohol to pop any surface bubbles.
- Weigh 12 oz of clear soap. Cut soap up into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place cup in microwave and heat soap until completely melted.
- To melted soap, add Apple Red and Lemon Yellow colors until a light orange pumpkin color is achieved. Mix well.
- Add 18ml of Cozy Cabin Fragance oil. Mix well.
- Spritz inside of each pumpkin cavity generously with alcohol. This ensures the overpour will stick to dark green veins.
- Place a luffa slice into the pumpkin cavities. Pour soap over luffa until it reaches top of cavity. Spritz with alcohol.
- Once soap has hardened, carefully remove from mold. Package and label accordingly.
- We suggest packaging luffa soap in a cello bag tied with raffia.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.